06 March, 2006

Day IV

Describing today in one word: jingo!

I do not even know where to start. I: went to the fish market again and tried squid; walked down Ginza strip when there were cars present and did not recognize it; spent most of the day with two really rad New Zealand mates; attempted to go to the Imperial Palace East Garden but was thwarted by my not reading ahead and knowing it is closed on Mondays (and Fridays... but that does not apply to our story); ate a waffle cone ice cream sandwich; went to the Sony building only to find my sole purpose of going there (video games) was moved to an entirely separate building far, far away; went to 'Electric Town' (finally) and discovered it consisted mainly of lots and lots of strip clubs and/or nudie shows (perhaps it was not 'Electric Town' after all); went to the biggest electronics store I have ever seen and was essentially tempted by nothing; royally pissed off the nice old Japanese man working behind the counter at the Youth Hostel we've been staying; killed a hobo; ate dinner at a 'pasta' place, which had an old west motif and played reggae music; was assaulted by a drunken Japanese film director in said eating establishment; switched residence to a Capsule Hotel, which has convinced me to become drunken Japanese businessman so I can stay at one every night; and said goodbye to my new friends in Tokyo, for tomorrow I head on out to Kyoto!

Seriously, capsule hotels rule!

current mood: rejuvenated

No comments: