04 March, 2006

Day Two

Wow. That is what I have to say about today. Wow.

In not-so-chronological order: I woke up at 6:00 AM; went to the fish market and saw the craziness; ate sushi at a sit-down traditional sushi restaurant; rode the subway for the first time ever; became The Pigeon King at the park; saw Peppi the Clown do a silly performance; played some form of leap frog with a team of Japanese baseball players; went to a Buddhist temple and prayed; went to Ginza Strip where the fashionably hip hang out; bought a donut thing which apparently had delicious fruit filling; killed a hobo; saw the eternal atomic bomb flame memorial; almost got smashed by weird truck/tractor/wagon-type vehicles (multiple times); sampled various sushi dishes along the street which may or may not have been actual samples; played with Barbies and Legos in the middle of the street; shot so many pictures that the camera died and we could not shoot the last portion of our trek; saw a homeless person gathering where they all sat in orderly lines and got bananas and other food; ate ice cream for breakfast; sat by as my party members drank beer in the street at noon; discovered a secret stash of alcohol at a local coffee shop; played on a Japanese playground; and went on the one final excursion, which can only be described as "holy-crap-what-the-heck-just-happened?" (please inquire for more details once I am home, as the story would take too much time to type... and I am not sure I want to relive it just yet...).

All-in-all, I'd say it was a fan-freaking-tacular day. Also, I do not think I am ever coming home.

current mood: uncomfortable

No comments: