18 March, 2006

From Your Future

Well, today we shall venture out into the heart of Tokyo and see The Exorcism of Emily Rose, as well as perhaps do some karaoke (we are not sure).

Yesterday, I went with Jess and volunteered preparing and handing out food for the homeless. Apparently I make rice balls so fast that we were done two hours early, a feat never accomplished before my addition to the crew. In celebration, a nice old Japanese lady took Jess and me out to dinner at a local bar/sushi restaurant. It was fun, but I am not sure if my stomach has really figured out how to digest sushi yet because I am already feeling a bit sick. *shrugs* Oh well.

The day before, I hung out with Peter, who is actually a pretty swell guy. We went to Akihabara (the actual 'Electric City') to get his laptop fixed and then just wandered. After our adventures there we continued to Aksaksa where I attempted to find a Kimono for a certain sibling, but was thwarted by the astronomical prices. I don't think it is going to happen, sis.

Also, I have now seen my first Japanese TV drama, and understood about 2% of it. This was mostly due to the fact that it was horribly confusing (and not that it was in Japanese). Jess and Alyssa have watched it since the beginning, only missing one episode last week, and even they did not really get it.

Among other things I also went on a shopping spree at the grocery store and found Koala Yummies, which I have eaten and enjoyed tremendously. If you're lucky maybe I'll even bring some back so y'all can try 'em out.

Well now, being as I have said quite enough for today, I think I shall be off. I only have six more days here and I cannot figure out where my time has gone. Have fun in the cold snowy 'sprinter' of Minnesota, as I enjoy the warm, sunny weather of little old Japan.

Peace!

current mood: nauseated

No comments: