05 March, 2006

Day 3

Today was a good day.

I: rode in a human-pulled cart (forgot what they are called); got a free massage from a deluxe Japan model (chair); bought my first souvenirs; went to the Tokyo National Museum; enjoyed disaster awareness day at the park; got some free food from a nice old lady, who only knew four or five words in English yet still felt the need to tell me about her son (or daughter... I could not really tell because she kept changing references) and her new cell phone; found out what the souvenir I bought earlier is actually used for (a cell phone dangly thingee); saw some Shinto temples and had my fortune told by a stick; bathed in incense for good luck; tried yet again to go to 'Electric Town' but was thwarted by a bad sense of direction; watched Shane attempt to pick up a Japanese girl (who is convinced he would have succeeded if she did not already have a boyfriend); discovered that they eat 'Corn Mayo Pizza' (and apparently like it); took a shower for the first time (in Japan); got annoyed at Shane for his crappy Japanese, which he thinks is pretty good even though he cannot get across basic phrases (though I do not really know if I can do it either); killed a hobo; was totally confounded when I received my lunch (because apparently you light the pan underneath on fire to keep it warm), and, finally, I touched a raccoon for good luck with money.

current mood: clean

No comments: