03 March, 2006

Day One

So... I am in Japan. How is that going for me, you ask? Freaking awesome. So far I have: embarrassed myself in front of countless crazy Japanese people; eaten some noodles that I ordered from a vending machine; had my first awkward conversation with a Japanese person who was speaking English; had the best seats in the whole plane (twice!); was lost in Tokyo; almost was run over; tried to crush a can of hot coffee from a vending machine and failed; got hopelessly confused during a customs fiasco; rented a mobile phone for keeping in touch with said crazy Japanese people; realized that I maybe should have bought and brought a warmer coat; killed a hobo; watched Thunderball (the best Sean Connery James Bond movie in the entire universe); and also thought I lost my wallet, passport, money, and everything else (that I would be screwed if I actually lost) on multiple separate occasions. I would say it is going well. Tune in next time! Same bat time! Same bat channel!

current mood: accomplished

No comments: