09 March, 2006

The Return

Despite Shane's attempts otherwise, I am alive and safe after a harrowing night on windy Japanese mountain roads. At the moment I am sitting in the lobby of my Ryokan (traditional Japanese Inn), awaiting 7:00 PM at which time I am going to be served some sort of traditional dinner I may gag down.

Today was another slower day, but these things have happened recently that have not been discussed: Shane almost smashed into a motorcyclist; Shane almost smashed into a car; Shane almost smashed into the guard rail bordering the tiny road; Shane smashed into a curb (well okay... not "smashed"... but he did scrape it); Shane got hopelessly lost and was saved by Luke's exquisite sense of direction; Shane got totally drunk out of his mind and spent a bit too much money; Shane got lost two blocks from where we were staying and wandered around like a deer in headlights for about fifteen minutes; Shane drank a bottle of extremely chlorinated city water and got sick; Shane spanked me; Shane watched me kill a hobo; Shane is constantly in tune with his temperature and feels obligated to inform me of any changes whatsoever; Shane blew out his second knee (of two) and is currently in pain; Shane packed a bag that is twice the size of mine (half the size of ME) and cannot seem to figure out how to make it not dig into his neck, thus resulting in a constant update about how his neck is feeling (bad or worse, mostly terrible); and Shane thinks the universe loves him as much as it loves me (which it does not).

I think this entry will be subtitled "The Many Faces of My Traveling Partner: Complaining or Uncomfortable."

Talk to you in a day or so.

current mood: hungry

No comments: