16 March, 2006

.

I taught English with Jess last night. The first bunch of kids (two tiny Japanese girls) were hellions until I stepped in and started running them through their silly flash cards. Following the learning, we played Bingo and it was delicious. Some super awkward Japanese Junior High students followed and I attempted to make small talk with folks who could not form a sentence more due to self-consciousness than not knowing how to speak. Then we played Uno and it was to die for.

Then this guy (whose name I do not remember) came over and made 'spiced wine' which is German (and exactly how it sounds). I promptly fell asleep and woke up at 10:00 AM this morning to find that Jess is going to hang out with her shy shy shy vague Japanese boy friend today and I am to keep myself busy with Peter, the awkward Aussie.

I have also read a bit of J.D. Salinger's book Nine Stories and realized that I love reading. I will continue to use it as a portable time waster that never gets old, until I am sick of it and want to start playing video games again or something.

On another note, Mom, you weirded me out hardcore with your last message and I hope you never do such a thing again, especially in front of my friends... ;)

l8r

P.S. My car is going to be towed from the apartment where I live because it snowed and I have the keys with me. If anyone has a shred of knowledge about stealing a car, please do so to mine so that I do not have to pay $10,000 when I return because they stored my car in a tow-lot for a week. Oh please, save me.

current mood: rejected

No comments: