11 August, 2008

Here We Go Again

So, I've been harangued into updating this forgotten outlet for my creativities by various family members and friends. This, as you may know, is not to imply I don't enjoy blathering on about whatever strikes my fancy at any given moment, but I simply cannot bring myself to ponder on the mundane nature that is my life at this juncture, for fear this may actually start sounding like a blog (the horror!).

Regardless, here is the low-down on the goings-on of as-of-late:

  • eight days, eighteen hours from now I shall be leaving on a jet plane, and I don't know when I'll be back again.
  • the previously stated precarious nature of my return date is because I may not be able to afford life in Cairo
  • the above is due to an apparent food shortage that is driving up the costs of food all over the Middle East
  • also, my financial aid came through (only a couple weeks after it was originally supposed to have done so), and it is 25% less than the estimated cost of attendance
  • good news: I will not have to live in a hotel for the first few months, as I was heretofore led to believe, and upon my arrival, I shall reside on denial
  • note: denial is a reference to a large river that flows through downtown Cairo
  • I promise future entries will be less...
  • this way

I must now depart and prepare for D&D. Good day.

No comments: