31 August, 2008

Achtung, ich will tanzen!

Since the last time we met, I've: gone to two more Arabic classes, the last of which culminated in a four hour field trip with our instructor to various locales, including hungry, homeless children scamming our drinks from us, delicious fatir (the pizza thing we had at the party a few night ago), and a shisha bar; watched a movie called Fuera de Juego at the Ecuadorian embassy, for free, and in Spanish; missed a light show at the pyramids, discovering later that it was pretty lame and not worth the time to see it; had my fortune told (very indefinite: all "maybe"s); walked around a couple more hours in the streets of Cairo; finished a book or two; started another two books; and, well... isn't that enough?

Five hours from now we'll be waking up to jump on a twelve-hour bus to Siwa, where I'll get to lay by pools of crystal clear fresh water, bask in the sun, and die of dehydration. Also, a safari in the desert? donkey carts? no Internet? We're not sure. I'll let you know when I know, but if you don't hear from me for the next few days, I'm not dead. Yet.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Donkey carts sound interesting...but only if there are checkered flags and hot chicks in bootyshortys available to hand out trophies....
You got your fortune told, eh? Do tell!