20 May, 2009

Note: لن نصمت

Originally I had intended my entry on Gaza to be a one-time, unified entity, filled with grandeur and profoundness previously unheard of here or anywhere else. It was to be magnificently compact and potent, concise and direct, not to mention short and easy to read. However, as I began contemplating and preliminarily scribing the tales I had to tell, I realized that our week in Palestine was of a scope too great to be constrained within the boundaries of one, lone dispatch; the epic endeavour attempted forthwith, if forced to be molded in such a manner, would have its story cheapened and its capability for change damaged irreparably.

For this reason, I have decided to split the reports up in a circadian fashion, pre-dated to around the times when I would have posted them had I not crashed from exhaustion at the end of each chocked-full, information-saturated day (or if I had had access to the Intarwebs, which wasn't at all a consistent feature of the trip). Hopefully this will embody everything I hoped to do with the narrative in a manner consistent with the quality I'm sure you've all grown accustomed to through your years of reading this blog, as well as that which you should expect in any adventures with which I may choose to privilege you in the near [or far] future.

Enjoy!

No comments: