26 September, 2008

I Am a Son of the Behaviorism

I spent a few hours organizing and uploading all my pictures to a web album. I'll hopefully keep it updated as I take more pictures, which, sadly, isn't as often as you all might like.

In any event, it has been a busy week yet again, with such enviable exploits as: scuba diving in the red sea, finding treasure underneath the waves, getting an ear infection that made me deaf in my right ear, buying tickets to Lebanon for our Eid Holiday, facilitating the class discussion in two different classes, saving Heather from the decidedly grisly fate of being locked on the library roof, eating dinner at Ashraf's, cooking dinner with Andy (which we brought on a faluka with a few people for Ashraf's going away party), smelling Ouza (which smells like Easter), getting my tourist visa extended to six months (after it had already expired by four days), working on my Arabic with Yahia, and biting no less than three people.

So, as I mentioned, I will be going to Lebanon for our upcoming holiday (which doesn't technically start until Tuesday, but we're skipping some classes to extend the fun). My travel companions will be: Andy, Chelsea, Christine, Christianna, and Wolf. We bought one-way tickets to Beirut, which leaves sometime tomorrow in the afternoon, and then we will be attempting to gain entrance to Syria. This will be either impossible, or, very easy, depending on who you ask. Assuming all goes to plan, we'll spend a few days in Syria before taking a bus and/or other land travel through Jordan (possibly doing another desert safari—on camels!), and then finally it is on to a ferry over the Red Sea, where we'll end up in Egypt once again.

I'm not really a planner, so hopefully the whole fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants thing will work out as well as the rest of my life, which is to say, perfectly.

Assuming I live to tell the tale, I'll see you later, hopefully with more content, eh?

P.S. There is a travel advisory for traveling to both Lebanon and Syria, so, if my imperialistic American identity gets me killed or kidnapped (which can happen in Egypt as well, I suppose), it was nice knowing you.

1 comment:

MargieLove said...

I'm andy's sister and i'm just quite amused at the little duet blog thing you and andy have got going on. i like all your pictures a lot (definitely make up for andy's complete lack of pictures, i mean who goes all the way to egypt and doesn't bring a camera?!) anyway, i use them in my school's newspaper a lot when i write the culture corner on some random adventure you guys have been on. i'm writing this next one on syria, so you know...pictures? anyway, just thought i'd say hey...
yay!
-Margaret