17 September, 2006

I Have Dire News...

After three long days at the doctor's office I have been diagnosed with an incurable fatal disease. My days in this world are relatively short and thus I must live life to its fullest and take advantage of the opportunities that arise. I would like to thank you all for sharing your wonderful company with me and allowing me the pleasure of getting to know you.

In accordance with the wishes of my doctors they have instructed me to keep a diary on my final days, so as to leave something behind for those who choose to remember me when I am gone. I will try and spotlight the important events, though everything seems rather monumental now that I have discovered my fate. I hope you enjoy this intimate look into the life of a nigh-realized young man's last days, and ideally it will allow you to look inside yourself and realize how important your life really is as well.

I have walked about 30 km in the past three days, and my legs are feeling the burn. I met a girl who goes to school with Emma Watson (Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter movies) and apparently she is a nice girl. I have upset my host family due to the unannounced fact of my vegetarianism, but they seem to be adjusting nicely. The son of the woman I am staying with is a professional football player who plays for the team 'Oxford United' and I plan on seeing a few games (for free!) and learning what all the fuss is about. After a feeble attempt to remember my PIN for my ATM card the machine decided to not give it back, and thus I am without cash and have been bumming money off my fellow students. I have been given a tour of the secret areas of Oxford, and I have decided it is one of the coolest cities I have ever been in. I watched 'Some Like it Hot' in the middle of a street with an entire neighborhood of English folk, one of whom also let me use their child's fold-up-chair-thing. I have been instructed on two separate occasions to send something back from America to various people (Triscuts and Lucky Charms if you are wondering). I have run out of time for being on the internet, and must check up with you all later.

Cheers!

Current mood: busy

No comments: