05 April, 2007

I Think He Knows!

So, I have been informed that my duties have been neglected, and as a result, I am out of the will. In an effort to re-institute my position as the sole heir of what I am sure is to be countless masses of wonderful riches, I shall return to my informative capacity as a Costa Rican informant to the ignorant masses stuck back at home in the snow.

Firstly, this week is Semana Santa, where the whole country takes work off and flocks to the delectable tropical beaches and drinks themselves stupid. I, hoping to gain a bit of culture and learn about the natives here, have followed in this pilgrimage of sun, the ocean, and underage drinking. There are between seven and eleven of us staying in our bungalow during any given night, but I am not entirely sure it counts as "night" when people come home after the sunrise the following day. Our hotel feeds us a wonderful breakfast each morning, and I have recently consumed a plate and a half of pancakes and French Toast, which was so wonderful that I think I may never eat again so as to keep the savory flavor of the sugary goodness inside my memory banks for eternity.

Accordingly, my lack of posting has been a result of a few factors: it costs two dollars an hour to use the internet, and that is money I could be spending on food or surf boards or drugs; also, it is a vacation week and why do I want to spend precious time when I have no responsibilities surfing the Internet, when I could easily do that when I return to my home city and get homework again; and, lastly, I just do not know what to say.

Obviously.

I went snorkeling yesterday, saw tropical fish and a turtle, lost a lens to my glasses so now I am blind as well as burned, met a troupe of fourteen-year olds who led sing-alongs of epic proportions (who I later heard were among the party-goers drinking themselves stupid and hooking up with men far beyond their age... what is wrong with the youth of today I ask you?!), swam to a far away island and almost drowned, bought groceries for the next three days because all the stores will be closed for the Holidays, witnessed a good amount of relationship drama I hope I never have to live through again, learned about the Hurricane and its effects on rich people in Florida, and did a little jig.

Previously, I have just been enjoying myself immensely, though, sadly, I have not practiced as much Spanish during this week as would be required for me to be awesome and studious, so methinks I shall do some chatting today, assuming I do not find something less responsible to take up my time.

If you are coming to visit me in Costa Rica, I recommend you do it now, and forever, for I truly love this place and hope, somehow, I can live here someday, perhaps starting today. Hopefully this is enough for those of you who are worried about my mugged-ness, and my health, however, I assure you, I was only mugged those two times, and they happened pretty much in the same day, so I count them as only once; in addition, the only thing they stole was my dignity.

And $200... but hey! all is well that ends well, eh? I got them back by infecting them with herpes. Go STDs!

Love you all, and even though I miss you, I do not want to come home, so you should come here instead.

¡Hasta luego!

No comments: